I have been building my career as a naturopath for a very long time. I am a life-long learner, and am constantly keeping current with the latest peer-reviewed literature.
- Hons. B.Sc. (Biology and Mathematics), Wilfrid Laurier University, 1991
- M.Sc. (Mathematical Biology), Queen’s University, 1993
- Ph.D. (Evolutionary Biology), University of Connecticut, 1999
- Canadian NSERC post-doctoral fellowship to pursue studies in comparative genomics at the Field Museum in Chicago
- Deputy Director, Center for Genomics and Bioinformatics at Indiana University, Bloomington, 2002-2012
Naturopathic, herbal, and bodywork programs:
- Student with Sean Donahue, in his herbal course The Magic and Medicine of Plants (2011-2012)
- Certified Traditional Naturopath, through the American Naturopathic Certification Board (2013)
- Doctor of Naturopathy program with the University of Natural Medicine (enrolled since 2007, studies ongoing)
- Diplomate in Osteopathic Manipulative Theory & Practice at the Osteopathic College of Ontario (enrolled since 2012, studies ongoing)
- Apprentice (2010-2014) to Graham Montague at the Center for Wholism, Bloomington; Graham was the founder and former co-director of the London College of Naturopathic Medicine; Graham taught me the basics of my bodywork technique and gave me a solid foundation for my homeopathic work.
- Intern (2013-ongoing) to Dr. Lisa Pantzer, DVM; Lisa and I talk comparative pathology, homeopathy, gemmotherapy and TCM herbs in her vet clinic (Holistic Veterinary Services) in Nashville, Indiana.
Other courses, workshops and conferences attended/viewed:
- Participant, Endocrine System and the Chakras, with Kathleen Maier at the Southeast Wise Women’s Herbal Conference in Black Mountain, NC (2010)
- Herbal Energetics (2011) with Kiva Rose (Learning Herbs online course)
- Healthy Baby Code (2011) with Chris Kresser (online course)
- Herbal First Aid (2013) with 7Song (Learning Herbs online course)
- Science of Nutrition (2013) with Matt Lalonde (Optimum Performance Training online course)
- Systemic Inflammation, Food Intolerance, and Autoimmunity: Pathophysiology and Natural Therapeutics (2015) with Paul Bergner (North American Institute Medical Herbalism online course)
- Participant, Tongue and Pulse Diagnosis, with Lesley Tierra at the Midwest Women’s Herbal Conference in Almond, WI (2015)
- Member, American Herbalist Guild, since 2010
- Secretary, Hoosier Herbalists, an AHG chapter, since 2015
- Member, Weston A. Price Foundation, since 2007